Hi!

Welcome to my poetry blog!

I am a twenty-four brown-eyed Aruban wanderer;
forever questioning where I'm going
and where I've been.
And when I'm not reading,
I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading.

Furthermore, writing has always been my
way of captivating a deep thought, grief,
lost love, depression and even hatred (sometimes).

Feel free to read and comment on my weird,
puzzling, obsessive, reckless and sometimes
confusing poems. It's all about what you
interpret from them that gets me buzzin'!


Thank you and have fun reading y'all.

-Lily Clarisa

Monday, June 27, 2011

No rusty old cage

No rusty old cage
One flake of sand, meant for every hand.
Forever and more will you be my bore?
Lasting words which we use to hurt, wouldn’t and shouldn’t we rather flirt?
Our biggest pothole has been bumped and hit.
Be there for me when I need you more and least, when we will then fit.
The years will go by and in old age; we will look back without any mistakes and not feel as though
we’ve been entrapped in a rusty old cage.

No comments: