Hi!

Welcome to my poetry blog!

I am a twenty-four brown-eyed Aruban wanderer;
forever questioning where I'm going
and where I've been.
And when I'm not reading,
I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading.

Furthermore, writing has always been my
way of captivating a deep thought, grief,
lost love, depression and even hatred (sometimes).

Feel free to read and comment on my weird,
puzzling, obsessive, reckless and sometimes
confusing poems. It's all about what you
interpret from them that gets me buzzin'!


Thank you and have fun reading y'all.

-Lily Clarisa

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Childish Goof



Childish Goof
These drums echo my youth.
Laughing on the roof,
with my bikini top,
curly hair for a mop-
Now lick off the proof!

This rum coke is making me aloof.
But I never want to stop,
hallucinating your soul,
always took its toll.
You were the only ex who dropped me to the top.

Hey, remember when we were stopped by a cop?
Underage drinking, the reason for the control.
We told them the truth,
and made you my booth.
But I found out late you were just a black hole.

My womb, you stole.
Left me only to sleuth.
You were nicknamed a childish goof.
Didn’t believe them until ‘us’ went- poof
Till I was left with a broken heart to sooth.

No comments: