Hi!

Welcome to my poetry blog!

I am a twenty-four brown-eyed Aruban wanderer;
forever questioning where I'm going
and where I've been.
And when I'm not reading,
I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading.

Furthermore, writing has always been my
way of captivating a deep thought, grief,
lost love, depression and even hatred (sometimes).

Feel free to read and comment on my weird,
puzzling, obsessive, reckless and sometimes
confusing poems. It's all about what you
interpret from them that gets me buzzin'!


Thank you and have fun reading y'all.

-Lily Clarisa

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pregnant War


Pregnant War
A heart shaped kiss,
In a world gone bliss.

I hold thy hand,
Walk with me in sand.
Glowing, howling, deceivers of hate.
Such powers were too late,
Mistreated, naked and bruised.

You said no when they made you choose.
Your heart grew cold,
When your soul was sold.
Cold how? Your body numb.
Oh no… They gave you some.
Dead. Left here so beautiful, powerful.
Traces.
Faces.
Careless now.
Loneliness how?
He left your body but took your soul.
For he thought somehow to make you once more whole.

No comments: